Ideas and Services for House Extensions Ampthill
The small market town of Ampthill, set midway between Bedford and Luton, offers a rich sense of community, above average facilities for a town of its size, and an ideal base for commutes to London, Milton Keynes and the local business hubs. There’s plenty to stay put for and many of our clients in Ampthill would far prefer to extend their homes, rather than uproot to another location.
There are many reasons for thinking about a house extension; the three most common ones we’ve come across are:
- Adding value to existing property – if you like your current location and you simply need more space, a housing extension is the ideal solution. Not only does it solve spatial issues, a house extension is also a sound investment; you’ll make back your money and more when selling.
- Innovative designs – a house extension give you the opportunity to redesign your living space, and align it to your lifestyle. It’s amazing what a difference knocking down an internal wall can make to your home; you can create free-flowing living spaces, extend into the garden, or let in more light.
- Adding rooms – whether your family is growing, or you’re starting a new business at home, house extensions can radically alter the way you use your living space. New space isn’t just about adding new rooms, it’s also about finding ways to use inert areas of the house, such as your loft, cellar or garage.
Ampthill Building Company are Committed to Bring Your Vision to Life
This year we were delighted to be named ‘Best Local Builder’ by the LABC Regional Building Excellence Awards, in recognition of our sustained contribution to the provision of high quality work for local customers. When working with our local Ampthill clients on their house extensions our goal is always to realise the vision they have for the design, and provide all the services they need to achieve a successful build.
We’re always excited to start working with our Ampthill clients on their house extensions and, over the years, we’ve been lucky enough to be part of some very exciting projects:
- Single-storey extensions – the single-storey extension is perfect for an elegant kitchen/diner across the back of the house. Large windows open onto the rear optimising the sense of extended space.
- Conservatory-type extensions – if you want to take advantage of the sun, and increase the natural light in your life, a glass-dominated extension for dining, or relaxing is a perfect solution.
- Transforming your garage space – a double garage affords the perfect potential for additional kitchen space, or a home office, or living space.
- Converting cellar space – possibly the most under-used area of people’s homes, as it’s often lacking natural light. The addition of windows, and a lightwell can transform it into a stylish home space.
- Two-storey extensions – typically this kind of build would provide a new kitchen space and a new bedroom above. The build utilises existing foundation and roof structures.
A Range of Building Services for Your House Extensions in Ampthill
We can offer a full range of house extension building services to clients including contracting architects and working with them to a successful outcome. More often clients ask us to work on a ‘build only’ (construction) basis. Whatever the service contract, clients are assigned a dedicated project manager who will keep the project on track, to budget, and provide regular updates and reports on progress.